Aishwarya Rai Bachchan born on 1 November 1973 (Age: 48 Years, in 2021) in Mangalore, Karnataka, India is an Indian actress. She is the winner of the “Miss World” (1994) pageant. She has won two Filmfare Awards and was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2009 and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2012.
Aishwarya Rai is the first Indian actress to be on the jury of the Cannes International Film Festival.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Family, Boyfriend, Husband
Rai was born on 1 November 1973 is the daughter of Krishnaraj Rai and Vrinda Rai. Her father Krishnaraj Rai died on 18 March 2017 was an Army biologist, while her mother Vrinda Rai is a homemaker. She belongs to a Tulu speaking Bunt family. She has an elder brother named Aditya Rai, who is an engineer in the merchant navy.
Earlier, she had an affair with model Rajeev Mulchandani. In 1999, Aishwarya Rai was in a relationship with Salman Khan, and the couple separated in 2002. Rai cited “abuse (verbal, physical and emotional), infidelity and indignity” on the part of Khan as reasons for ending the relationship. After that, Rai was in a relationship with Vivek Oberoi before they broke-up in 2005.
On 14 January 2007, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai announced their engagement and later confirmed by his father, Amitabh Bachchan. While filming for Dhoom 2, Abhishek Bachchan fell in love with Aishwarya Rai. On 20 April 2007, The couple married according to traditional Hindu rituals of the Bunt community in a private ceremony at the Bachchan residence, Prateeksha, in Juhu, Mumbai. She gave birth to a girl, Aaradhya, on 16 November 2011. Abhishek Bachchan proposed to Aishwarya Rai in a balcony of a hotel in New York.
- Father Name:- Krishnaraj Rai
- Mother Name:- Vrinda Rai
- Brother Name:- Aditya Rai
- Sister Name:- N/A
- Affairs / Boyfriend:- Rajeev Mulchandani (Model), Salman Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Abhishek Bachchan
- Husband Name:- Abhishek Bachchan
- Children:- Aaradhya (Daughter)
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Education, Qualification
Aishwarya Rai attended completed her school education at Arya Vidya Mandir High School. After that, she did her intermediate schooling at Jai Hind College for a year. Later, She joined DG Ruparel College, Matunga. Rai secured 90 percent in the HSC exams.
Her favourite subject was zoology, so she initially considered a career in medicine. Then with plans to become an architect, she enrolled at Rachana Sansad Academy of Architecture and gave up her education to pursue a career in modelling. While in college, Aishwarya Rai did a few modelling jobs and appeared in several television commercials.
She entered the Miss India pageant, in which she placed second and Sushmita Sen got first rank. She lost it to Sushmita Sen, mainly due to her lack of public speaking skills. In 1994. She has then crowned Miss World pageant. During her teens, She trained in classical dance and music for five years.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Career
Aishwarya Rai did her 1st ad commercial for Camlin pencils when she was in the 9th standard. During her 12th standard, her English professor asked her to do a photoshoot for a fashion magazine. After doing it, she started getting modelling offers. She tried her luck in voice-dubbing for a TV serial but was rejected.
Aishwarya Rai made her acting debut with film Iruvar (1997), She made her Bollywood debut with the romantic comedy film Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya (1997) with co-actor Bobby Deol. Aishwarya acted in numerous Bollywood hit films like “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam” (1999), “Taal” (1999), “Mohabbatein” (2000), “Devdas” (2002), “Dhoom 2” (2006), “Jodhaa Akbar” (2008), “Guzaarish” (2010), “Jazbaa” (2015)
Movie(s) / Films List
- Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya
- Aa Ab Laut Chalen
- Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
- Ravoyi Chandamama
- Kandukondain Kandukondain
- Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai
- Dhai Akshar Prem Ke
- Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam
- Hum Kisise Kum Nahin
- 23 March 1931: Shaheed
- Shakti: The Power
- Chokher Bali
- Dil Ka Rishta
- Kuch Naa Kaho
- Kyun…! Ho Gaya Na
- Bride & Prejudice
- The Mistress of Spices
- Bunty Aur Babli
- Umrao Jaan
- Dhoom 2
- The Last Legion
- Jodhaa Akbar
- Sarkar Raj
- The Pink Panther 2
- Action Replayy
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Fanney Khan
- Ponniyin Selvan
- Bollywood im Alpenrausch
- Bollywood: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Physical appearance, Net Worth, Car Collection
- Birthday:- 1 November 1973
- Age:- 48 Years (in 2021)
- Height:- 170 cm, 5 feet 7 Inch
- Weight:- 58 Kg
- Figure Measurement:- 34-27-36
- Net Worth:- 258 crore INR / Indian Rupees (Approx, in 2020)
- Car Collection:- Audi A8
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Wiki / Biography
Some fact about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- In 2001, Forbes named her among the top five Indian movie stars.
- In 2003, she was ranked “the most attractive woman of 2003” by Hello! magazine
- In 2003, She appeared in Rolling Stone magazine’s annual “Hot List”.
- In 2004, She has appeared on the cover of Times’s 2003 Asia edition
- Aishwarya Rai is the first Indian actress to be on the jury of the Cannes International Film Festival.
- In October 2004, a wax figure of her was put on display in London’s Madame Tussaud’s wax museum, and she was the sixth Indian and the second Bollywood personality—after her father-in-law, Amitabh Bachchan—to get this honour.
- In 2010, She was ranked 2nd in The Times of India‘s 50 most desirable women.
- She is a Goodwill Ambassador for the Joint United Nations Programme on AIDS (UNAIDS).
- In 2011, She was ranked 9th in The Times of India‘s 50 most desirable women.
- Her movie Dil Ka Rishta (2003) was co-produced by her brother and co-written by her mother. She and her family own a production company, Target Films.
- She is the only actress to have featured for both Pepsi and Coca Cola.
- During the making of the song Dola Re Dola from the film Devdas (2002), she suffered from ear bleeding due to heavy earrings.
- During the shooting of film Khakee (2004), she had an accident due to the out of control car of the stuntman,
- In Netherland, A variety of Tulip flowers is named Aishwarya Rai.
- In 1996, she sued the Star and Style magazine for an amount of 20 million to publish that actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising position at the poolside of a 5-star hotel.