Pooja Batra born on 27 October 1976 (Age: 44 Years, as in 2020) in Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh, India is an Indian actress, Philanthropist and model. She was crowned Femina Miss India International in 1993. Pooja was one of the semi-finalists at the Miss International beauty contest. She made her Bollywood debut with the movie Virasat (1997) and won Star Screen Awards-Best Supporting Actress for Virasat (1997).
Pooja Batra Family, Caste, Husband / Boyfriend
Pooja Batra father’s name is Ravi Batra (army colonel) and Mother’s name is Neelam Batra (Miss India 1971 participant). She has two brothers.
Pooja was married to orthopaedic surgeon Dr Sonu S. Ahluwalia in Los Angeles, California from 2002 to 2010. In January 2011 she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.
Batra married with actor Nawab Shah on 4 July 2019 in Delhi according to Arya Samaj traditions.
Pooja Batra Education, Qualification
She graduated in Economics from Fergusson College, Pune and holds an MBA degree in marketing from Symbiosis, Pune.
Pooja Batra Career, Movies, Awards
At a young age, she started modelling as a part-time job. When she was in school, she was active in athletics. Pooja used to participate in 200 and 400-meter sprint races.
She was crowned Femina Miss India International in 1993. Pooja was one of the semi-finalists at the Miss International beauty contest. Pooja made her Bollywood debut with the movie Virasat (1997) and won Star Screen Awards-Best Supporting Actress for Virasat (1997).
She joined the theatre in Los Angeles. She acted in the movie Taj Mahal: An Eternal Love Story which
was screened at the Cannes Film Festival. She has also appeared in South Indian films (three Malayalam films and two Tamil films).
Pooja turned down many offers to complete her education before signing a contract with the Virasat Film Studio. The first film she signed was Virasat (1997) followed by another hit movie Bhai.
Pooja Batra Physical Appearance, Net Worth, Car collection
- Birthday:- 27 October
- Age:- 44 Years (as in 2020)
- Height:- 175 cm, 5 feet 9 Inch
- Weight:- 62 Kg
- Figure measurement:- 34-28-34
- Net Worth:- Not Known
- Bike Collection:- Harley Davidson Sportster 48
Pooja Batra Wiki / Biography
|Wiki / Bio|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Entrepreneur, Model, RJ|
|Debut Tv Show||SEAL Team (2017)|
|Debut Movie||Bollywood– Virasat (1997)
Telugu– Greeku Veerudu (1998)
Malayalam– Chandralekha (1997)
Punjabi– Killer Punjabi (2016)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||centimeters– 175 cm
feet inches– 5 feet 9 Inch
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 62 Kg|
|Date of Birth||27 October 1976|
|Birth Palace||Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Age||44 Years (as in 2020)|
|Star Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Educational & Qualification|
|College/University||Fergusson College, Pune
Symbiosis International University, Pune
|Qualification||Graduate in Economics
MBA in Marketing
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs(Boyfriend)||Armaan Kohli (Actor)
Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Nawab Shah (Actor)
|Husband/Spouse||Sonu S. Ahluwalia (Doctor, div. 2011)
Nawab Shah (Actor)
|Marriage Date||1st Marriage– 2002
2nd Marriage– 4 July 2019
|Parents||Father– Ravi Batra (Army Personnel)
Mother– Neelam Batra (Cosmetologist, Miss India Participant)
|Siblings|| Sister– Not Known
Brother– Not Known
|Children|| Son– Not Known
Daughter– Not Known
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan, Anupam Kher|
|Favourite Food||Pav Bhaji, Pizza|
|Favourite Drink||Red Wine|
|Favourite Book||The Exiles by Ghalib Shiraz Dhalla|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Columbia|
|Source of Income & Net Worth and Car Collection|
|Net worth||Not known|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Bike Collection||Harley Davidson Sportster 48|
Some Lesser Known Facts
- Her mother was one of the top five Miss India participants in 1971.
- Pooja Batra became the third runner-up at Miss Asia Pacific in 1993, when she was 18 years old.
- She did pro bono work in the film My Little Devil (Bas Yari Rakho), subtitled in Hindi, English and French, to raise funds for the poor children in India.
- Batra has volunteered time and money to charitable causes including AIDS (Mukti Foundation), homeless children, the Bombay Police Department and injured soldiers in the Kashmir war.
- She has participated in over 250 modelling events and ad campaigns.
- She is an ambassador for Parag Sarees.
- Pooja Batra is a lifetime member of International Film And Television Club of Asian Academy of Film & Television.
- Batra has acted in theatre and toured North America, which earned her considerable acclaim.
- She was the first Indian face to launch and be a spokesperson for Head and Shoulders in India.
- She attended twelve different schools in twelve years due to her father’s Ravi Batra (army colonel) job.
- Pooja turned down many offers to complete her education before signing a contract with the Virasat Film Studio.