Raai Laxmi (Lakshmi Rai) born on 5 May 1989 (Age: 31 Years, as in 2020) born in Belgaum, Bangalore, Karnataka is an Indian film actress and model. She mainly appears in Tamil and Malayalam as well as Telugu and Kannada films. She made her debut when she was 16 years old in Tamil film Karka Kasadara (2005) and made her Bollywood debut with the film Akira (2016).
Raai Laxmi Family, Caste, Husband/Boyfriend
Raai Lakshmi father’s name is Ram Rai and mother’s name is Manjula Rai. She has two elder sisters named Ashwin and Reshma Raai. She is originally from Kutch.
Raai Laxmi Career, Movies, Awards
She made her debut when she was 16 years old in Tamil film Karka Kasadara in 2005, Subsequently, she appeared in a number of Tamil films, including the comedy film Kundakka Mandakka (2005) opposite R. Parthiban, Perarasu’s action-masala flick Dharmapuri (2006) and the romance film Nenjai Thodu (2007).
Raai Laxmi made her debut in Malayalam in 2007, starring in Rock & Roll, opposite Mohanlal. She followed it up with several successful films such as Annan Thambi, 2 Harihar Nagar (2009), Evidam Swargamanu (2009) opposite Mohanlal, and Chattambinadu (2009) opposite Mammootty. She appeared in three Tamil films in 2009, Muthirai, Vaamanan and Naan Avanillai 2.
Raai Laxmi’s first 2011 release was Christian Brothers, which was a huge commercial success. Raai Laxmi won the Best Actor Award in a Negative Role – Female for Mankatha. She made her Bollywood debut with the film Akira in 2016. After which, she has nailed it with her performance in Julie 2 which released in late 2017.
Raai Laxmi Physical Appearance, Net Worth, Car collection
- Birthday:- 5 May
- Age:- 31 Years (as in 2020)
- Height:- 178 cm, 5 feet 10 Inch
- Weight:- 60 kg
- Figure Measurement:- 34-27-34
- Net Worth:- $ 4Million (as in 2020)
Raai Laxmi Biography / Wiki
|Wiki / Biography|
|Debut Movie||Karka Kasadara (2005)
Telugu– Kanchanamala Cable Tv (2005)
Kannada– Valmiki (2005)
Malayalam– Rock N’ Roll
Bollywood– Julie 2 (2017)
|Debut Tv||Anu Alavum Bayamillai Season 2 (2009)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||centimeters– 178 cm
meters– 1.78 m
feet inches– 5 feet 10 Inch
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||5 May 1989|
|Birth Palace||Belgaum, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Kutch, Gujrat, India|
|Age||31 Years (as in 2020)|
|Star Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Educational & Qualification|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband / Affairs(Boyfriend)||S. Sreesanth (ex, Rumour)
M S Dhoni (ex)
|Parents||Father– Raam Rai (Businessman)
Mother– Manjula Rai
Brother– Not Known
|Favourite Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra, Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Food||Saurashtrian Kheema, Biryani|
|Favourite Director||Priyadarshan, S. Shankar|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Austria|
|Source of Income & Net Worth and Car Collection|
|Net worth||$ 4Million (as in 2020)|
|Income Source||Acting, Modelling, Advertisement|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
Some Lesser known fact about Raai Laxmi
- Her real name is Lakshmi Rai but in 2014 she changed her name to Raai Laxmi as numerologist suggested.
- Raai Laxmi has completed over 14 years in the film industry, acting in over 50 films in several languages.
- She got Tamil film Karka Kasadara (2005), after the director R. V. Udayakumar had been impressed with her performance in a short film titled Valmiki.
- She made her Bollywood debut in the film Julie 2 which was her 50th film.
- when she was 8 years old she did some commercial ads as a child artist.
- She twice won Miss Belgaum title (2003, 2004), and also won a Miss Karnataka title.
- She did commercial ads like Bru Coffee and Josco.
- Julie 2 is her first Hindi film as the main lead.
- After her performance in the item number Lucky Lucky, she got herself a new nickname, Lucky Rai.
- She is one of the best dancers from the South Indian film industry.
Raai Laxmi Controversies
- She has had an ugly spat with popular South Indian star Trisha.
- She filed a case against a Tamil weekly as they published a controversial article about her in 2013.