If you are an Indian gambler looking to find out more about UPI Casinos and the best casinos that accept UPI payments, then you should look no further. This article will focus on this payment method and the best casinos where you can gamble and play games, covering all the basics you need to know.
When it comes to funding your online casino account, you have a wide range of options. One of them is UPI, which is short for Unified Payment Interface. This is one of the most preferred deposit methods, mainly because it’s cheap, reliable, and efficient. It made transferring funds to online casinos easy for Indian players and bettors. So, what are the most important things to know?
Setting up a UPI wallet
To set up a UPI wallet, there are two things you need to have:
- An Indian bank account
- A smartphone
So, let’s say you want to use UPI for casinos; these are the steps you need to take:
- First, download a UPI wallet. This can be done through Google Pay, PayTM, BHIUM and PhonePe. These UPI wallets are also easily downloadable through the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Next, fill in the essential information the app will ask you.
- Create a VPA (Virtual Payment Address). This will enable you to send and receive funds through UPI.
- Link your bank account to UPI. This linking will make the process easy and smooth. You can easily fund your account through your bank and send bank money from your UPI wallet to your bank. To link your bank account and your UPI wallet, type the phone number registered to your bank account.
Depositing with UPI on an online casino
Not all casinos accept UPI, but it’s important to know that some of the best online casinos do accept these payments. Once you have set up your UPI wallet, you will be ready to deposit to your online casino account. To do that, you will have to complete the following steps:
- Open the casino site of your choice and go to the deposit and banking section
- Once there, select the desired deposit method, in this case, UPI
- You will be redirected to a new screen where you will be able to see the UPI ID of the casino website. Here you will enter the amount of money you want to deposit. Open your UPI wallet, and you can send the typed-in amount. This money will be instantly transferred from your UPI wallet to the casino account. You can also speed up the deposit process by uploading proof of payment in the selected field.
Claim your deposit bonus
When the money is in your casino account, you will be able to get a welcome casino bonus which comes in the form of free money and a spin in most casinos. UPI is one deposit method that automatically makes you eligible for a deposit bonus, which is another reason behind its popularity.
However, it’s essential to know that every online casino has a set of rules when. It comes to claiming deposit bonuses. Make sure you read about the rules carefully, or else the deposit bonus or welcome bonus packages will not be possible. There are sets of wagering requirements and expiry dates that you need to bear in mind.
Withdrawing money via UPI
Let’s say you played all night, and you have some winnings that you want to withdraw from your UPI. This process is straightforward, which is another benefit of the deposit method. One thing to know beforehand is that you can only withdraw via UPI if you also deposited via UPI. If you deposited through another client, you would not be able to withdraw via UPI. Also, ensure that your identity is verified before requesting a withdrawal.
In order to withdraw money, follow the following steps:
- Go to your profile and click on the “Withdrawal” button
- A new page will open up and you will be able to see all the payment methods that are available to you. These include methods such as MuchBetter, Skrill, ecoPays, AstroPay and others. Choose the UPI option.
- Enter all the relevant details and click on the “Confirm” button
The minimum withdrawal amount is different in every casino. Also, make sure it can take from 1-5 business days for the amount to reach you. There is no fee for withdrawals with UPI.
The advantages and disadvantages of UPI
There are many reasons why UPI is popular. When you put all the disadvantages and advantages on paper, you get to see why more and more people opt for this deposit method over any other:
- Fast and safe deposit withdrawals – UPI protects your safety and anonymity as you never share your bank details with casinos
- Deposits are instant
- Widely accepted in India – With more than 100 million Indian users, many banks and casinos accept UPI
- No fees
- Deposit and withdrawals also accepted in Rupees
The list of drawbacks is very short:
- Not all banks accept UPI, although more than 200 Indian banks accept it
- Requires you to download a mobile app
UPI is currently only available in India, but it’s incredibly popular there. The advantages are extensive, with the only drawbacks being that not all banks accept UPI and users will have to install a third-party app to deposit funds.